Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) can accurately predict the flow behaviour of gases and fluids over bodies and this has applications from the evaluation of the dispersion of building emissions through to analysis of highly compressible aerodynamics phenomena surrounding high speed aircraft.
Full-scale CFD simulations can be performed over complex geometries generating comprehensive data for evaluating flow features and performance parameters. This provides significant advantages when it comes to validating or optimising designs. External flow projects performed by TriVista cover a wide range of aerodynamic or hydrodynamic applications but typically have objectives such as:
- Fluid dynamic force analysis
- Flow induced loading analysis – Quantifying flow induced loading forces and moments under worst case aerodynamic loading for structural integrity evaluations. This can also be fully coupled with FE analysis to evaluate structural behaviour under load (FSI analysis).
- Visualisation of surface flow features for improved understanding.
- Prediction of emission dispersion and advising on problematic pollutant concentration locations.
- Drag analysis- Vehicle aerodynamics in reducing drag.
- Evaluating wind induced fluid dynamic forces (drag, lift and pitching moments).
- Calculating heat transfer rates or temperature fields.
- Identifying poor flow regions (e.g. separation) causing loss and reducing the effects.
- Open channel or drainage system flows.
- Airborne particle deposition studies.
TriVista Engineering is a leading provider of cost-effective CFD services to industry and our engineering team routinely works with clients in providing realistic flow solutions that offer genuine commercial value.
We have assisted clients in CFD modelling flows across a wide range of fields as follows: process plants, building construction, marine, power generation, oil and gas, subsea systems, HVAC, marine, aerospace & defence, automotive ,water treatment, nuclear, medical equipment and domestic appliances.
The market leading ANSYS CFD suite of software tools provides TriVista are well integrated with our FE analysis and engineering design tools to enable us to provide a more comprehensive service or a multi-physics analysis (e.g. coupled thermal stress analysis) capability if required.
If you would like to know more please feel free to call or email (contact details below). Our friendly experienced engineers will be happy to advise you, without obligation. Alternatively, you may prefer to use our simple enquiry form.